The 13 weeks have passed so quickly as usual. Now I am very sure that I did not make the wrong choice to take this module during the bidding period last August. This module has taught me a lot, from simple communication with friends who are of a diverse nationality to communicating with authoritative figure in the real world. I believe the basis to all relationships is having an effective communication that enables us to express ourselves exactly as we intended to, eliminating possible misunderstandings and assumptions that could easily breed discontentment and disharmony. This has become an important issue today due to increasing economic integration and interdependence of countries.
These 13 weeks have equipped me with the skills of writing, the 7Cs that we have always emphasized. Easy as each C seems, to master them really take lots of practice and effort. However, I believe that it would be worth the effort as these are skills very relevant to us when we move on to the working world where everything is not as structured as they are in school. My application letter, resume and interview skills could make or break a potential career I can develop with a company. Oral presentations provided me with great experience and opportunity to evaluate and fine-tune my presentation skills.
Blogging and using the wiki platform helps me to gain more exposure on the tech-savvy world today. Blogging can widen your horizon when readers give feedbacks and share their very own experiences with you. It allows me to reach a huge global audience where we are all inter-connected via the internet.
In a nutshell, I have benefited immensely from this seminar-styled learning experience on Professional Communication. Lessons have been fun-filled with a wide variety of activities arranged for us and we are given the opportunity to freely express ourselves during class. My biggest take away would be the way I should communicate with people all around me, which is the fundamental of building strong relationships.
Finally, I would like to thank Ms Lim for her constant guidance and patience in bringing us through this module. It was indeed a very enjoyable class I had, together with all my course mates. Thank you all! (:
As you said, the skills we learnt in ES2007S module will be really useful in the working world. Handling conflicts, inter cultural communication, writing resumes and application letters , everything will help us in each step of our career life.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with you in the point that this module is up to the level of high technology as it involves blogging and using wiki. Using wiki would be the best while working on a professional presentation or proposal because you can share all the important documents with your peers, see all of their contributions and keep a good track of your progress in the work.
It was nice having you as my classmate. I am happy that I got a good friend through this module and love to keep in touch in future too. All the very best for your future.
Hi Lucinda ! :D
ReplyDeleteIt was great reading your blogs and your comments on my blog posts. :)
I too have become a little tech-savvy after using the wiki platform and blogging. Web 2.0 provides so means of interactions and communications and I guess this was a nice way to begin.
I have decided to continue blogging from now on as I have truly enjoyed the blogging process. It not only raises good discussions, but we can also get meaningful feedbacks on a particular topic. I shall keep you(and the rest of the classmates) informed of my new blog post which I shall be creating in December. It would be great to receive your feedback on my new blog as well. :)
Just a point to note: The last sentence in the first paragraph - "increasing economic integration and interdependence of countries." is written in black rather than white. I believe you should change it cause it is barely visible.
See you around, Lucinda. Take care and good luck.
Hi Yazhini,
ReplyDeleteThank you for commenting on my blog post. It was nice having you as a classmate(: I believe skills learnt in ES2007 would be able to bring us further to be more effective in everything we do! Take care and good luck! (:
Hi Shruti,
ReplyDeleteThank you for commenting on my blog post. It is great that ES2007S has made you very keen in blogging! Yes please update me about your new blog that you will be creating, I would love to read them (: Take care and keep in touch!
Dear Lucinda,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found the sessions beneficial, and the activities useful. It has been good to have you in class this semester - you've always been a patient and helpful student, and I can see that you have connected well with your classmates.
All the best to you, and let's stay in touch!